Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Midweek Throwdown and Sketch # 125

So, other than the World Card Making Day Blog Hop, I have been taking a little break from making cards. My excuse is that I ran out of my favorite adhesive. The adhesive I use actually fuses the papers together, so they will not fall apart. That is an important feature in an adhesive, especially when I use it to make cards for our Heroes who are deployed. They need to be able to write their letters and not worry about things falling off in the mail. Well, I just got 2 bottles of my favorite adhesive, so now there are no excuses!


I made this card using OWH card sketch #125. The Midweek Throwdown challenge is Anniversary and Love. The sentiment on my card is "Heart & Soul" so I think it could work for either.

Stay tuned, there will be more cards soon!

10 comments:

  1. Great card for this challenge. Love the sentiment and that paper. Your little gem flowers add quite a bit of sparkle and that is always a nice thing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking! The gem flowers are sequins.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's such a beautiful card! Detailed, but simple at the same time. And I love the paper choice! What adhesive do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love 3M Quick Dry Adhesive. I have tried the Quick Dry Tacky, but I stand by my favorite. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment and love the gem flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Quick Dry as well. Love the little gem flowers! BTW - I think you would get more comments if you remove the security checking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I will try to figure out how to do that. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh very pretty... That sentiment is very unique, I love it! I so glad that you've restocked your glue... Now get back to work!!! :D thanks for sharing!!! You're awesome for sharing your talents with us at OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and I really like the sentiment. The flower sequins looks so cute and sparkly too.

    ReplyDelete